Monday, February 18, 2008

CoD4 Radiant: Still mp_unknown

So it's been a few days since my last post, but I've still been working in Radiant, continuing to play with more ideas I’ve had for a multiplayer level. So far I've got one potential feature down, which is a wash in an urban setting. I'm used to seeing these around and thought would be a fun environment to battle in. I began with an idea built around the wash, but after texturing and adding to this small part a few other ideas are starting to creep up. So it’s back to the drawing board.
I
n another note, I figured out what the problem was when I play tested my maps and rather than having the body of a Marine or OpFor, I was floating red text (FX). Turns out I didn't update my zone file "correctly," meaning I didn't do a thing.
If you're having this problem, it's an easy fix. When you update, you have to manually copy and paste what’s in the "Missing Assets CSV" column over to the other and finish with a save. That's all there is to it! Well hopefully I've helped you or I’m embarrassed for not knowing something that was ohh so clear in the first place. :-)


No comments: