Tuesday, February 19, 2008

CoD4 Radiant: texturing

To make up for lost time I will be posting every couple of hours. Hah!
Actually the pics I put up last were from Saturdays work, and well, since I have a bit more done tonight I thought I'd show off the sad results of my texturing. Although I don't really believe results have feelings.
As you may have already known (Ryan!) texturing your map is a big deal, it means the difference between having a map that looks like a lego playset vs. something so damn realistic that you lose yourself in the action. Actually I take that knock on legos back... check this out
So despite my weak analogy, hopefully you get what I'm saying. Back to mapping!
I mainly focused on the walls of the wash, with the goal of blending the concrete, brick, and plaster primary textures together. The big problem of the night was making the blends appear less repetitive and finding the right decals to do the job.

Note: I think Ill make another run through the CoD4 single player with a more cautious eye towards map detail.

No comments: