Sunday, February 24, 2008

CoD4 Radiant: MP_MidEastUrbanNeighborhoodOhNoh

It's not the final title, but it does the best job generalizing. Although I'm a little apprehensive since about half of the the stock maps for CoD4 are the same environment, but I don't think that should matter as long as the map ends up looking nice and flows well.
Here's a pic I'm using as inspiration.


In other news I've been spending lots of time playing on a modded server that has on rotation many of the better looking custom maps that have been posted on the ModsOnline and InfinityWard mapping forums. Most of them look pretty good and are a lot of fun, so that would explain why I keep on playing on it.
Here's what i got so far, a main road that I'm elevating over the ground level similar to mp_ambush, but this won't be the main dividing feature. That's what I intend the wash to do. Spent most of my time tonight aligning terrain patches along the road because of some changes I made, alot of my work falls off a standard 4 unit grid so I have to do a bunch of switching between grid sizes, not that its too hard, but I'd highly recommend sticking to as large a grid as possible to make your life easier. Another tip, "Crtl + g" is useful for aligning what you have selected to the grid size you are working on.

No comments: